Fall is here and that means its STEW time! :) Check out this budget-friendly recipe.
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 1.5 lbs potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat slow cooker to medium.
- Brown the beef in an oiled skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the fat and pour beef into slow cooker.
- Prep the vegetables and garlic. Add to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk tomato paste, water, salt, pepper, onion powder and oregano.
- Pour mixture over ingredients in slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook for approximately 7 hours, or until vegetables are tender and cooked through.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 7 hours
Price per serving: $1.50