4 large boneless pork chops (you can also use boneless chicken breasts)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1½ cups root beer (you can use cola or cherry-flavored cola, but do not use diet soda)
1½ cups barbecue sauce
- Spray the insert of the slow cooker with nonstick spray and place meat inside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic powder, onion powder, soda and barbecue sauce.
- Pour over the pork or chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred the meat.
- Mix in the juices to keep it moist.
- Serve over rice or on hamburger buns or rolls.