The whole family will love these budget-friendly burritos made with leftovers. They won’t even realize they were helping you clean out the fridge! Add eggs to make a quick and money-saving breakfast burrito.
- 1 pound meat – use leftover taco meat, ground meat, chicken, steak, etc.
- 1 cup potato leftovers – fries, tater tots, anything you have on hand
- 1/2 cup vegetables – Have wilting veggies or leftovers? Use those first – tomatoes, onion, peppers, mushrooms, etc.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 tortillas
- Salsa (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Eggs (optional)
- In one pan, cook meat and potatoes together, just toss in any leftovers and heat to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Add veggies to the pan. Heat through and stir until fully combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, warm your tortillas in a microwave wrapped in a towel for 30 seconds.
- On one tortilla, add a spoonful of the meat/veggie mix. Top with shredded cheese.
- Place rolled burrito into a preheated and oiled skillet, browning each side for a crispier tortilla.
- Top burritos with salsa and sour cream.
* If making breakfast burritos, scramble eggs in a separate pan and add to burritos.