Impress your family with weeknight homemade pizza! It’s more affordable than ordering out and everyone can choose their own toppings. Serve with a tossed salad for a fun and frugal meal.
- 1 package pita bread
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Dried oregano (optional)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Toppings of your choice: pepperoni, spinach, bell peppers, onions, etc. The sky’s the limit!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the pitas on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on each pita bread, sprinkle with salt, pepper and dried oregano.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until pitas begin to look golden brown.
- Remove pitas from the oven.
- Spread pizza sauce on each pita, or make it a blonde pizza by just using olive oil.
- Top each pita with shredded mozzarella.
- On top of the cheese, add any toppings of your choice. Keep it classic with pepperoni or try something creative, like grilled eggplant, kale or anything you want!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Turn on the broiler and broil until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Don’t walk away. You’ll want to keep an eye on the pitas under the broiler so they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven, slice with a pizza cutter and enjoy.