We're all hungry! This easy summer favorite can be dressed up or down. Let the entire family make their own creation with a variety of healthy (or not so healthy) toppings.
- 1 6-oz. package of sliced turkey or pork pepperoni
- Chopped peppers, mushrooms, onions (add broccoli or spinach for some extra nutrients)
- 4 naan flatbreads, or whole pita breads
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Brush both sides of flatbreads with olive oil.
- Grill over low heat until bottoms are lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the grill.
- Layer grilled sides with sauce, toppings, cheeses and basil.
- Grill, covered, until the cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes.